Sunday, August 14, 2005

Thoughts While Fasting

Often times I get asked, "Dave, I plan on going twenty-four hour fast. There will be no food, no drink, and no physical pleasure. What albums should I listen to?" The answer is very simple: Bob Dylan's Blond on Blond. It has good beats, silly songs ("Rainy Day Women #12 & 35"), songs that sound deep but really aren't ("I Want You") , songs that are actually pretty and is generally cool. Highly recommended. Find some Lester Bangs review of it. He describes it perfectly. At first, non-hungry listen, I didn't like it that much. Now that I haven't eaten in over twelve hours, though, it sounds great! Especially "Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again." Such a cool song. It's different then Bob Dylan. That's the other Bob Dylan album I just bought (gotta be prepared for college, right?)But it's very good in it's own right. Check it out.

Also, crazy old electric blues is good for fasting. I'm thinking of Abert King or Bo Diddly

God, I can't believe I'm leaving this Friday. How crazy is that? So crazy.

Well, I'm going out with Ashlegih again tonight. I'm excited about it. Nice to meet a stable non-crazy girl, isn't it? (Answer: Yes) However things develop, I look forward to them.

Two notes about the Presdential Race: Contraty to popular beliefs (and a recent post) I do not support Hilary. I support Joe Biden. He is smart and likeable. If Paul Hackett can win next year (which should be the Democrats TOP priority), he'll be an awesome VP. Him or Bill Richardson.

And onto the second Presidential note. Say hello to the next president of the United States. The greatest man who ever lived. Christopher Walken.

8 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Arthur Miller said...

I found your "twenty-four" link very informative. Did you know that There are 10 solutions to the equation φ(x) = 24, namely 35, 39, 45, 52, 56, 70, 72, 78, 84 and 90. This is more than any integer below 24, making 24 a highly totient number"? I do now.

Also, there is such a thing as a stable, non-crazy girl? Wow!

Har!

Finally, do you think someone who will have served two years in the house can make it to VP? I dunno... Go Hillary! I want Clintons in the White House again!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger El Dave said...

I definitly think that someone with two (or less) years experiance can run for the VP. I mean, Edwards had what, four years? Also, it's not just the experiance: it's who he is. An IRAQ WAR VET. You can't buy that type of legtimacy.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Arthur Miller said...

What if I paid to have my name changed to Moses Mohammed Lincoln-Christ. Don't you think that might give me some more legitimacy as a candidate?

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger El Dave said...

Well, no. See, the hyphenated name implies some post-liberal femminazi bra-burning.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Arthur Miller said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Arthur Miller said...

Oh, whoops. Then, what about Washington Lincoln Christ? Or, Jesus Moses Roosevelt?

I like the ring of Washington Lincoln Christ. Sounds worldly, yet oddly down to earth.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger El Dave said...

It does have a nice ring to it. He'd be a good VP for Chris Walken. Think about it: Vote Walken-Christ '08.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Arthur Miller said...

I agree. That ticket would probably beat anyone. Except, of course, for our actual next presidential team...

ROOSEVELT/KENNEDY IN '08!!! WHOOOOOH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home